(sources: tumblr)i love the whole dip dye thing, and i also love it on clothes. i'm not a big fan of all the hippy circle colours, but i love the pastel streaks on clothes. anyway, i recently cut up an old white t-shirt i found to make a crop top, bought a cable knit jumper and also cut off some jeans to make shorts. i then bought lavender, light pink and light blue dye. this DIY is a bit of a fail, but i'd thought i'd post it anyway :)
1. choose what you want to dye, clean and leave them a little damp
2. follow instructions on the back on the dye packets (basically just add water and salt and mix)
3. leave the clothes in the dye for however long you want, mixing it regularly. i did it by dipping the end of the t-shirt in the pink, then holding the middle it in lavender, then the top blue, and leaving the collar slightly white to get the faded effect.
4. for the jumper i just threw it in. i dont think this especially worked as i left it to dry in the sun, and all the colour faded out.. so its actually its original colour again with a pinky tinge haha.
5. the light colours didn't work on the denim either unfortunately so i bleached them. i reckon white/light denim would look so good with the pastel dyes though!
6. rinse all in cold water then dryi like the results though!